How can we improve OpenCATS?

Mini cv parser to detect Candidate First, Last name & Email. Remove Bulk Resumes

A mini resume parser is much needed to detect the candidate name and email address. This can eliminate the Bulk resumes that get poured in the Search with no candidate records to work on.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mahmoud M. Abdalla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mahmoud M. Abdalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let me tell you that this feature is the simplest of them all. Emails are detected through regular expressions. Even phones, addresses and zip code. the major show stopper here is the NAME. Its so hard to detect the name of a person unless u have some sort of intelligence. And to do so, you can only focus on the first 10 lines of a resume and check each word there against a list of names in a linked list or array i think. In that case, detecting names in some acceptable accuracy is achievable. Once this is done, all that nonsense of Bulk resumes will go away!

• zoomiest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am all for getting rid of the Bulk E-mail functionality... ! Its a shortcut that didn't finish its course.

• AdminRussH (Da Boss, OpenCATS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

opencalais integration could provide that - they have an open API.. and are a free service.

Alternatively I know there are some paid-for resume parsing services that are checking OpenCATS compatibility

Feedback and Knowledge Base