How can we improve OpenCATS?

Mandidate Email address on Candidate creation to avoid resume duplications.

This is a major issue in OpenCats, as multiple candidate records can be created for the same candidate because there is no identifier for the candidates. Using the email address can help eliminate duplications and gather several candidate resumes on the same Candidate record.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mahmoud M. AbdallaMahmoud M. Abdalla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AmitAmit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best would be to make this unique-ness based on "admin-user-definable" set of columns. e.g. (mail id + coulmn x + column Y) as there are people with multiple email-ids ;-)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If only we have an open source " bridge " or component to fully integrate opencats to Joomla, we will not have problems with duplicate emails.

• RussHAdminRussH (Da Boss, OpenCATS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

funnily enough I was asked to check the criteria for duplicate candidate records just yesterday - Currently it does something strange with zipcode, firstname and last name but to substitute it for email checking should be very simple..

• Mahmoud M. AbdallaMahmoud M. Abdalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've done this already. We've been there.. Thats why i think opencats would greatly improve given this major problem fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base