How can we improve OpenCATS?

Mini CRM features to handle Companies and Contacts

The companies module can be improved along with the contacts module to feature better communication methods with clients. One way to improve this is by making status on companies, Like in CRM Software. Prospect, Lead, Client and so on..

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mahmoud M. Abdalla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the extending of features relating to the recruiting industries already in the current would be good for me.

I've worked quite a bit with a number of CRM applications and they have a different focus which is why the recruiting implementations in them are often quite horrid.

With traditional CRM you have a 2 party relationship you are tracking (you and your customer) where as with ATS you have a 3 way relationship often (you, your end clients/customers, and your consultants/candidates).

I think connecting to and sharing data with any number of CRM systems could be valuable, but to become a full fledged CRM would move you out of the ATS market and into a larger and different space.

And mainly what I love about opencats is the speed of the application. I'm afraid that extending it too greatly could/would dilute that. BUT I do see that extending the features in opencats as the idea states to be a MiniCRM could be of great benefit.

• zoomiest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a custom field to manage this one issue (Prospect, Lead, Client). Clearly integration with a CRM could help. SugarCRM is so slow, though. A favorite feature of CATS is its speed. I would like to preserve that.

Exactly what would the CRM look like to you, Mahmoud? I few extra default fields? Something more?

• AdminRussH (Da Boss, OpenCATS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure on this one - lets see how it votes. Personally I'd like a CRM app (SugarCRM, VTiger etc) and possibly some linkage to OpenCATS Clients database? Certainly CRM is the weakest side to OpenCATS

Feedback and Knowledge Base