How can we improve OpenCATS?

Email integration

Would like to have a full email intgration - also 'backwards'. When getting any response from candidate to have the chance to assign this email to the candidate from the email client.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRussH (Admin, OpenCATS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, there's already an add-on in github called 'email2activity' which will monitor an email account, lookup the candidate or client the email is sent to - then add the content of the email to the activitiy record. Note this is still an alpha - add-on, as we're concentrating on getting some back-end updates rolled-in before all the add-on functionality is fully checked.

Therefore - the workflow is that you email outbound and cc or bcc the monitored email account. It can also do the same for inbound emails.

• Ralf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have all email-communication with the candidate in the notes ... (or a specialized field)

• AdminRussH (Da Boss, OpenCATS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay - outbound email I get. Inbound email - what's that for? I've thought about an inbound email address previously that'll just strip and 'bulk upload' and attached CV it finds? ...but you seem to want something else?

Feedback and Knowledge Base